The anonymous disseminator of the Climategate emails (Climategate and Climategate 2.0) has been dubbed Mr. FOIA in the blogosphere. He still remains anonymous but he has now released the password for the large email dump he released under CG2.0. The password has been released to some selected bloggers in the hope that they will have the time to sift through them, leave out any personal or irrelevant indiscretions and focus on the unprofessional and unethical manipulations of data by the “climate science” clique/hierarchy that was first revealed in Climategate.
We shall no doubt be hearing much over the next few weeks as this “crowd-sourced” analysis of the emails proceeds.
Mr. FOIA has probably achieved more than any other single individual in applying some brakes to the runaway train that was the global warming orthodoxy before Copenhagen. There is much speculation as to the identity of Mr. FOIA and my current speculative summary of his profile is:
- not resident in the US or UK (>99%)
- unlikely (<30%) to be usually resident in one of the old Commonwealth countries (Australia, Canada, S. Africa, India, N. Z., ….)
- probably (>99%) not a native English speaker but with a formidable command of English
- has possibly (>60%) been assigned to the University of East Anglia for some time (any faculty)
- may have been (c. 30%) temporarily assigned to the CRE of the UEA
- high probability of being resident in Europe (>70%)
- could possibly (>30%) be originally from Scandinavia/Baltic States/N. Europe
- has spent considerable time in the IT/programming fields (>99.9%)
- IT experience perhaps only as support for his mainstream activities (>60%)
- probably (>95%) male
- probably (>75%) “white”
- probably (>80%) aged under 50
- probably (c. 80%) now agnostic/humanistic
- probably (>50%) brought up as a Protestant/Lutheran
- probably (> 50%) prefers wine to beer
- probably (>50%) prefers beer to whiskey
- probably (>60%) prefers soccer to baseball
- probably (>80%) does not play golf
A photograph of Phil Jones – one of the Climategate stars – in his office from Tom Nelson’s blog. I can see why FOIA requests are far too time consuming for him! A good thing that the science is settled. If only Phil had learnt to use Excel.