This from NBC:
Ten people were killed and at least 57 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago between Friday afternoon and Monday morning, police said.
- Nykea Aldridge, a cousin of Chicago Bulls star Dwyane Wade, was shot to death Friday afternoon as she pushed one of her children in a stroller in the Parkway Gardens neighborhood on the South Side.
- Officers responding to a call of a person shot in the 100 block of West 112th Place found a 35-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the head, authorities said. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The medical examiner’s office did not immediately provide additional information. Police said the shooting is domestic-related and a 43-year-old man has been taken into custody. Charges were pending Monday morning.
- About 4:20 p.m. Sunday, 20-year-old Terrence Murphy was shot to death near his home in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
- Earlier Sunday in the South Loop, a 45-year-old man was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in an alley.
- About 12:35 a.m. Sunday in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side, five males walked up to a 38-year-old man after he parked his vehicle in the 3600 block of West 5th Avenue, and one of them shot him in the head.
- Shortly after midnight, officers on patrol near the 4400 block of West Monroe in the West Garfield Park neighborhood heard gunfire and found 30-year-old Demarco Richards on the ground with a gunshot wound to the head.
The dead and the wounded and the perpetrators have been predominantly black.
So far this year, the Chicago Tribune reports, there have been 464 homicides in Chicago (490 in 2015) and 2,818 shooting victims (2988 in 2015).
Tags: Black lives matter